Group assignments allow you to create an assignyou to have one submission per group, but you must associate the assignment with a Group Category. Any group member can submit and view files for a group assignmentThere are 2 ways to create group assignments — in the Group tool or in the Assignments area.
The Group tool:
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the category title and click Edit Category.
- Click the box to the left of Set up assignments.
- Click Save.
- This will take you to the Create Assignments screen.
- Set up the assignment as usual.
Setting up a group assignment from the assignment tool
- Go to the Assignments area.
- Click New Assignment.
- In the New Assignment window, enter a Name for the assignment.
- Enter the detailed assignment instructions in the Instructions textbox.
- Click the Add Attachment button to select any files that might be needed for the student to complete the assignment
- Under Assignment Type, choose Group assignment. (Note: The Assignment Type can not be changed after the assignment is saved.)
- Select the Group Category from the drop down arrow.
- In the Score Out Of field, add a maximum score for the assignment.
- Select or create a Grade Item, which is where the assignment scores will be sent in the grade book.
- If appropriate, add or create a Rubric to assess the assignment.
- Click Save.
- Click the Restrictions tab to set the dates and any additional restrictions for the assignment.